Now is the time to help beans on the Gulf Coast, who, through no fault of their own, have lost their jobs and are behind in payments because of it. Pepsi has a site and will contribute to charities that can help these beans. Pepsi Refresh.
Mama and I want to help Modest Needs, an organization you have seen on our sidebar for quite a while. They are wonderful (mama's hoping they help her), and quite a great organization that helps people with little problems that can snowball into big ones. Even five dollars will go far with this organization. It's amazing!
Here is their link for instructions to vote for Modest Needs. Vote once a day. No money is needed. It is like hitting the buttons on your sidebar to feed doggies and kitties. Vote once a day until the end of August. Here is the newsletter that explains how to do it.
Pepsi is giving away $1,300,000 each month to fund great ideas. The project that gets the most votes gets funded. Please help with your clicks. This is a VERY good cause. You will be helping unemployed beans in the Gulf Coast.
And if you have paper monies to spare, Modest Needs is very deserving in itself. As we said, mama is hoping they will help us with one of our bills, but it takes donors to do that. Small change can make a big difference, they say.
http://gulf.refresheverything.com/gulfmodestneeds is the vote page.
Modest Needs is a quiet organization that helps people throughout the United States with unexpected bills. They stretch the money donated, get matching funds when they can, and they are, as we said, amazing! They have been written up in national papers, and been on national news.
We are among those who are asking for help from Modest Needs. That is true. But if you can 't afford the monies to help, please vote for this organization to get the funding to help beans on the Gulf Coast. Voting, as we said, is FREE.
VOTE EVERY DAY TIL THE END OF AUGUST!
and mama Carol
ps please see attached: it's the latest info on voting from the director of Modest Needs-just received an email from Modest Needs.
Hello folks -
I realize I just sent out a newsletter about the Pepsi Refresh grant, but in the hour or so since that update went out, I've gotten literally hundreds of responses saying 'How do I know my vote counted?' or 'I had trouble using Pepsi's website,' or something to that effect.
I know you want to make sure your vote counts for Modest Needs, and truthfully, Pepsi's website, while it's really pretty, is not all that easy to use. So here, in less than 300 words, is how to make SURE your vote for Modest Needs' grant proposal counts:
1. Go to Modest Needs' Pepsi Refresh webpage. The direct link is http://gulf.refresheverything.com/gulfmodestneeds
2. When you get to this page, on the right side of the screen, you'll see a vote button. Click that button.
3. If you're already registered with Pepsi, you'll be prompted to login. If you're not already registered, you'll be prompted to register. Don't worry. You don't have to give away any personal information to register except for your date of birth, and I think that's because Pepsi wants to know something about the ages of the people who are voting. I can tell you that I've been registered with this site and voting for projects since the beginning of the year, and I have not received a single email from Pepsi.
Registration is also necessary to ensure that the voting is fair. Persons are allowed only to vote ONE time per idea per day. If you try to vote more often than that, the website won't let you. And that's a good thing. Otherwise, unscrupulous organizations cold pay people to sit around and click the 'vote' button 24 hours a day - and that wouldn't be any good for any of the grant applicants. So please, don't be worried about the registration.
4. When you log in, you'll hear a sound like a Pepsi being poured into a glass. This doesn't mean you've voted. It means you're now logged in to Pepsi's site.
5. Now, you can click the 'Vote' button. When you do, the vote button will change to display a message like 'Sweet!' or 'Right On!' and you'll get a message that says 'Now, why not promote this idea?' If you see those messages, you'll know you've voted correctly and that your vote 'counted' for Modest Needs.
That's it! Once you've registered with Pepsi once, you can click the direct link to our grant proposal, log in, and vote once per day. And remember, every vote counts!
One last thing: For some bizarre reason, the special 'Gulf' grants" cannot be accessed via mobile phone - none of them. So in order to vote for our proposal, you'll have to use your desktop or laptop computer. I'm going to write to Pepsi to see if they can fix that problem but for now, if you couldn't get to our grant page because you're on an iPhone, for example, that's why.
I hope this information helps all of you who may have had trouble voting or wondered if your vote counted, and I hope you'll forgive this second newsletter in a day. If this follow-up weren't important, I certainly wouldn't have sent it.
I've really enjoyed reading your comments & look forward to hearing from more of you soon. I'll be back next week to let you know where we are in the rankings, but for now, please, let's work together by voting, and voting often, for this very important grant. Together, we can do this!
Warmest Personal Regards,
Dr. Keith P. Taylor
Chief Executive Officer
Modest Needs Foundation
'Small Change: A World of Difference'
If you believe in the power of human kindness to change lives, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to Modest Needs.
You can make an instant, secure contribution of ANY size in 60 seconds or less by visiting https://www.modestneeds.org/donation/online
Remember, the work we do at Modest Needs is funded exclusively through the generosity of persons just like you. Without your support, this work would not be possible.