Mama and me are so humbled by all of you out there trying to help us. The Meowers of Missouri are just the latest. We think they gotted in touch with Robyn (the HOT(m)BC mom) and Oreo's mom, Heather, and did this really sweet thing for us. They have set up a website for me to help my mama.
It maded my mama's eyes leek again, but in a good way, I think. She doesn't feel so alone and helpless. I can only do so much nursie stuff, and I love her. It helps her to know that others want to help, and send encouragement and purrayrs.
If you can't donate anything, we don't want you to feel bad. Your words DO help, and your purrayrs, too. Without you all out there, we would be in a much worse place emotionally. Truly.
Our financial update is this:
1. We aren't able to pay September's rent, and that is scarey. We have just almost caught up on August, so we won't be evicted yet. The owner has accepted all those checks that came, and is being extraordinarily patient, but he wants us to be up to date SOON, and not late. The unemployment checks leave us half a month behind, it seems, and we can't catch up.
2. We are only a little late with some of the utilities.
3. There is only one credit card to worry about, and we are ignoring it until we are able to do something about it. Well, it doesn't have a squillion dollars on it, so that is okay. Other things need paying first.
4. Mama will see what the clinic can do about the medicines she needs. That is scarey, too. She needs her meds cause she's a diabetic and stuff, and wants to be healthy so that she can get a job and work hard again.
5. She has $14 left on the EBT card to use before the 1st. She has already gone to the food shelf, and can only go once a month. I have food, so I am okay, but I worry about her.
6. She has about 15 rides or so on the bus cards she has, which will get her to interviews and the grocery store for awhile.
It's kind of sad that life boils down to this mess we are in. The jobbie interview on Tuesday is for a consulting place for rich people. That's ironic.
There you have it, the latest update on us. Thanks again for listening..errh reading.
my mama, Carol