January 14, 2007

Sunday News with IMPORTANT P.S!

Mama found two jobbies today. One, downtown, had an email address to apply to with the name Brandi in it. Of course she had to apply! The other was near that bad area, but still okay (same bus, but a nicer area waaaay before you get to the bad area, close to where she used to take her car, when we had one, to get fixed, and where she got gas, and close to where some friends used to live before they moved out of state, so it really is a nicer area). There is a nice bus shelter there, and everything. And the busses run purrty frequently.

We are once again losing medical insurance, as well as unemployment monies, so we are really scared. My mama, as some of you know, has several medications she needs to survive, as she is a diabetic. This is way too much for us to handle. But we are really trying!

It is now 12 degrees. And snow is supposed to be coming. Now, I have my nice new fleece lounger, and a fleece throw (one of mama's former bosses was owned by a sweet ginger cat, and the boss and the cat insisted every cat needed their own fleecey blankie, so they gave me one several years ago which I use as a nice nappie place), and mama snuggles under her own fleece throw. When she does this, and I come snuggle on her, she puts my new little quilt over me, the one I got for Chrissymouse, and I am really a warm toasty kitty! And of course, in my little new fleece lounger, I also have a blankie that my sweetie's mommy made for me. Mama says I must be warmer than she is. Course, I have furs and she doesn't. That's why she has bunches of blankies and ME.

Last night, really late, I heard a kitty crying outside, and I was really sad. But it was only for a minute, so maybe it was crying to get let in and was. I hope so. Brrr!

I need to mention something: Skeezix is amazing! He now has a new blog you can go to for blogging help. I HAVE to link to it, so I am making mama update linkies again right after I finish this. This is such a wonderful idea for those starting out and for those of us who are here but somewhat techno challenged! Wow! What a purrfect public service!!!

Hope this week is magical and mama gets hired. Hope helps!

Love, headbumpies, purrs, purrayers, and smoochies to my Sugar Pie!
brandi

P.S. Mama did the linkies for the new help center for bloggers AND two new blogs, the Cats Stephens and CatSpeak. Check them OUT. AND, AND, if you click on the Cat Blogosphere picture, it goes to the new site!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Brandi!
How are you?!
I´m just stop here to say " hello"!
Meowwww!
Visit my blog!ANd leave your comment!
http://www.grazikitty.com
A catlover from Brazil

The Cats Stephens said...

You made my mommy very sad. She had a horrible time finding a job when she moved to be with our daddy. She finally got a job when she told her interviewer that she really needed the job, she was running out of money and that she promises she would be the best employee ever because she not only wants it but she needs it. People like honesty and when two applicants are really similar it could make a difference. Mommy does want to know if there's anything she can do for you, she doesn't have much, but she'd be willing to do what she could. We wish you guys nothing but the best and our paws are very crossed for you.

-The Cat Stephens

The Lee County Clowder said...

Brandi and Brandi's mom, all you can do is keep trying.

Brandi's mom, have you tried any temp services in your area? Sometimes they grow into full-time jobs.

If nothing else, have you applied at Burger King and the like? Not much of a paycheck, but 'some' beats the heck out of 'none'.

Dice () might be worth checking, if you haven't already. I've gotten jobs through them a couple times.

Anonymous said...

We have been thinking of your Mum lots & really really hope she gets a job soon ~ we will keep our paws crossed for her.
We really wished you lived here in New Zealand cos our Mum says she would give your Mum a job quick smart at her work.
we hope your luck changes real soon and wish we could do something to help you both.
Hang in there , it's gotta get better soon.

Daisy said...

I am wishing your Mommie good luck with the two new prospects! Your blankie sounds very warm and snuggly.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Let's everyone PRAY really really hard that this is a Magical Week for Carol and Brandi.

Hmmmm... maybe we need to have a Prayer Circle for this...

The Meezers or Billy said...

we is purraying so hard for your momma. has she tried to contact the drug companies directly for her diabeties meds? sometimes they will give them for free to people who has no income. Merck does it for their drugs.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

We are continuing purrayers for you!

I snuggled a bit with my Meowm this weekend as it was 17 degrees. Fleecy blankets are the best!

Mr. Hendrix said...

Hi Sugar Pie!!!!! I'm so glad to hear your mommy founded 2 jobbies! You know our paws and whiskers and fingers are crossed for you. It seems like the universe is sending one to you "Brandi"!
Stay warm sweetie. I'll be praying for better weather for you. You and your mommy take care.

PS great job on the linkies. I haven't even figured out how to update my cat blogosphere news picture (although the list link is right.) Mommy will do that this week.

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Oh, Brandi ... The two possible jobs sound like furry good news! I hope that your momma gets offered BOTH of 'em and then she can choose which one that she wants.

We'll keep all of our paws crossed (and that's A LOT of paws) plus we'll keep you in our purrayers. Very good luck and positive thoughts to you!

DMM and Feline Americans

Susie said...

We're keeping our paws crossed for your momma!

The Lee County Clowder said...

Hey, Brandi's Mom.

The DICE URL is .

I somehow managed to mess up the link.


Good luck.

dan

Anonymous said...

I am praying very hard that this is a magical week for your Mama and that she gets one of those two jobbies. I am glad that you are keeping warm.

The Lee County Clowder said...

Egad. Apparently, what you see in the preview, and what actually gets posted are two distinct, sometimes different things.

Whatever....

In case you need the explicit URL

http://www.dice.com/

Good luck.

(Feel free not to post this if you really don't need the information. /ds)