November 3, 2013

Sunday Stuff




Sorry I haven’t blogged for a while.  Mommy has been having severe problems with depression and green papers. Lots of stuff has come up and she is on a limited budget and it’s hard to deal with things that we can’t pay for. So, she is having to figure out how to pay for medical stuff that insurance doesn’t pay for at all, besides the expensive “co-pays”, her foods, my foodies, my special kitty litter and the v-e-t and stuff around here that needs to be replaced, the list goes on and on. She tried to get food support but the county awarded her less than, than, well, less than a bag of kibble. For real! And she can’t live on kibble like I can! She thought it would be more, and when she found out about how much her food support was I think she cried for three days.  
Many people are in the same place as we are. Not on the streets, but definitely dismal. No one seems to be able to help. We just want so badly to write happy news. To write about Mommy’s sweetie (that would be me). But while she lets me keep reading some of my favorite blogs and writing stuff in some of the comment sections, and while she plays with me and feeds me, and pets me and grooms me and basically waits on me hand and foot takes  care of me, she also cries on me.  Mommies should be happy! I kinda thought maybe she would take me back to my rescue place. Thankfully, she’s told me she couldn’t give me back, cause she loves me too much, and losing me would MAKE her more sad. Mommy, I love you too.
So that’s it. Depression is very very hard. And Mommy knows there are a lot of you having similar problems so we can’t ask for help, can we?  If you can, please use the PayPal donate button on the right side of my blog. You will be very appreciated. If you can’t, prayers and good thoughts help too.
Mommy wishes very hard that she had green papers for the special items for sale and auctions to support other catbloggers, but she doesn’t. She wishes she had some talent that she could make money with, but she doesn’t. She wishes someone could help us, but…. Sigh. So many need help.
We know that not many read our blog.  I’m not Angel brandi. She was probably a lot sweeter than me to read about, anyway.  Well, maybe it’s just that I’ve only been around almost a year and she had many more years’ blogging and made lots of friends. But we read lots and lots of you when Mommy is doing okay. And loving all of you, we always wish you well.
Mommy and I are doing our best to say our prayers for others and leave encouraging and upbeat messages and stuff like that.  That is about all we can do.
So I will try to blog more. And love my Mommy. But having to give up necessities is, well, we don’t really want to talk sometimes, ya know?
We pray for you and appreciate your prayers for us.
And here’s something good:  My one year gotcha celebration is coming up! And, oh yes, Mommy visited the kitties at Pet Smart the other day, and met three tiny tiny orinch sleepy baby kitty brothers, and a sweet little older calico that wanted to play with everyone who came to see her.  I’m not jealous, just hopeful for them to all find their furever homes. And they all need love while they are waiting. And, yes, the three orinch brothers are going to the same furever home, definitely! They will NOT be separated!!
QUINN

9 comments:

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

I'm so very sorry you and your mom are havin' such a difficult time.

Would you possibly be able to add the twitter and FB sharin' thingies to your blog? It would make it easier for cats to share so that other cats could come visit and read what you write.

Purrs,
Nissy

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Wish Mommy knew how to do that. She doesn't know anything about Twittering, but is on Facebook.

Mickey's Musings said...

Quinn, we are glad you will stay with your Mom. We purr very hard that things will get a bit better for you.
We know that it is hard right now and that makes us sad.
Purrs Tillie and Georgia,
Treasure,Tiger, JJ and Julie

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

We are sorry your Mommy is sad. We will keep her in our purrs & prayers.

Saku said...

We is so sorry your mom is sad, and having a hard time. We knows you is doing your best to help mom feel better and we is glad she has you with her.

We is sending purrs to both of you!

Sasha, Sami, & Saku

Cats Herd You said...

We're so glad that you're going to stay with your Mom, Quinn. It's hard when she is sad like that, and having you to hold must mean the world to her. We're purring for things to get easier for her, and better for you, too.

RedSetter said...

We feel so much for your Mum and you supporting her as you are both suffering badly right now.

We've had a really ropey year too and often our National Health Service seems to be terminally broken but we cannot imagine how much worse it must be to have to struggle to find money for healthcare at the very point when you need it most. We are sending love, prayers and purrs that things get better soon and hope you will keep blogging and finding strength.

Rene said...

We are very sad for you, Quinn. Our mom has been through bouts of depression and it is awful. I can't understand why she can't get more help. :-( I'm guessing she's already tried her local churches for assistance?

Oui Oui said...

We are so very sorry to hear everything is so hard for you and your mom. We have been through financial hardship ourslvles, and thankfully my dad has been able to help when I couldn't make all the bills. We are purring and praying things will be easier for you soon.