September 12, 2006

The Interview

We could hardly wait to tell about what happened to mama yesterday. First, she didn't get a job yet. So no celebrating. But this is the story:

The bus let her off right in front of the building. That was nice. When she opened the door there were a few steps. As she started up, the receptionist/administrative assistant (who is leaving Friday) said hello, and gave her a job description. Then the official greeter came. She was suave, sofisticated, beautiful, soft spoken, and her name was Olivia. And mama says she loves scritchies. That's right. Olivia is a cat! They have not one butTWO office cats! Olivia liked mama. Of course. My mama is furry nice. Mama didn't get to meet the other cat. The other one was kinda laid back (I think it was nappie time, myself).

When the two beans came out to get her for the interview, they said they hoped the cat didn't bother her, and she said, no, she has one at home.

They didn't shake hands very well. Mama said a good handshake is important. She talked to them about a half hour about her job history, and then the subject of the cats was brought up. It seems that one of the beans has four cats at home that were homeless and adopted him. And they have the office cats. So mama told them about her being adopted by me.

After the interview they shook hands again, only this time they were nice firm handshakes. She said even if they don't hire her, she is glad she got to meet Olivia.

The other thing about yesterday is that after she came home, mama broke the other side of her glasses, and she can't get the assistance for new ones until next Wednesday. That is the furry bad news.

But wasn't the office story neat?? Office cats! And a beanboss that loves cats!

I hope she gets that job. I won't even be jealous of Olivia.

Is this a sign????

15 comments:

Meowers from Missouri said...

oh, goodness, we hope so!!!!! maybe olivia will put in a good purr for her!!!

our mom's gonna blog about her office cat tonight, so be sure to drop by--good luck, mom bean, and sweet dreams to you both!

n-e-n-x

The Meezers or Billy said...

oooo, we hopes that is a good sign. We wish we hadded some way to help wif your momma's glasses. is it just frames that she needs?

Shaggy and Scout said...

Oh holy cow! This could be the job that has been waiting for her all along. Our mom says if she was interviewing for that job she'd have been paying more attention to petting and cooing over the cats than answering the questions! How cool to have office cats!

Ivan from WMD said...

It sounds very lucky to me! Plus, Olivia is a very lucky cat name! I had a sister named Olivia.

I hope I hope I hope this luck carries through!

Max said...

That they like kitties and now know she likes kitties has to be a good thing!

Lone Star Purrs said...

That am WAY GOOD news!!! All of our paws are crossed.

caspersmom said...

My Mom says handshakes are important too. Glad the handshake was better on leaving. That might be good. Sure do hope so cause purrs and prayers are going up for your Mom and you too. I think it means a lot if bosses like cats and or dogs.

Casper

Skeezix the Cat said...

I'm crossing all my toze that yer mom gits the job!!!!! Good luck!

The Tower Hill Mob said...

We think it is a sign,too. Olivia sounds like a very posh lady. I bet she runs the office well and has treats!
We're all praying hard on this one!
Tilly, Toby and Kate

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, oh, oh, it would be nice for your momma to work where they gots office cats. What kinda glasses does your momma need. Reading glasses? My momma has a bunch of those "frameless" readers in a +150 if those would work for her. She'd be happy to send some, she doesn't like 'em cuz she says she can see the edge of the glass but not the frame. What can I say, she's a freak.

Anonymous said...

YAY! a cat place! sounds purrfect!!!

Anonymous said...

does you have a Costco out there? our Costco's (an Sam's Club too) haf op-tickle departments an they fix glasses fur free, effun if you isn't a mem-burr

Bravely Sir Robin said...

Gosh, I wish your mum good luck with the job and, of course, with the glasses also. We have some extra frames here but of course the doctor would have to put in the right lenses so it might not be cheap.

Oh speaking of which, we have some cat toys & stuff here that I don't use. They were mostly my brother Buster's. He passed away back in 1992 and I don't play w. those kind of toys & don't use that kind of scratchy-post. Anyway, I was wondering if you would be interested in the things? They're put away down the scary basement right now but I could probably find them using my good mouse-hunting skills! ^_^

PrincessMia said...

Oh! That sounds really promising. I will keep my paws crossed for you guys.

The Crew said...

Oh gosh! We hope Olivia puts in a good word for your Mom. We've heard about offices that have 1 kitty but never 2.

We're purrayin' hard for you.